Colbey Iog
map-marker Lyon, Auvergne Rhône-Alpes

WHY DO THEY KEEP SELLING STALE CHIPS

I just hate that they keep selling stale, old food. How are they putting the date on bad food? It's got to stop.

Preferred solution: Be honest stop selling bad food. I'm going somewhere else just terrible

User's recommendation: Be honest stop being greedy

Chandi L

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

Unredeemable rewards and rude employees

Food Lion - Unredeemable rewards and rude employees

Had a $2.00 rewards to redeem but it wasnt scanning when asked for help the employee said that food lion give out rewards that cannot be redeemed and said in a rude tone dont control rewards or coupons further said I needed to go back and get more groceries and come back to see if I can redeem it, I wanted to take few items off so I can be at my budget because I have rewards to redeem. The employee was just annoyed for even asking for help, it was little after 8pm and it seemed as if she didnt want to be there because she had an attitude when I asked her for help form the get go, I will take my business somewhere else as I make 4-5 grocery runs a month and spend anywhere form $1000-**** I definitely wouldnt mind even spending more if the employees hired at food lion are not rude and ghetto and food lion needs to hire more diverse employees Im talking about not only Black Americans we need different people from different races. If all employees hired are one race they will be racist towards other who come to shop and proper customer service is offered to only that particular race in order to help one that race.

User's recommendation: Be-aware of which food lion you shop at employees maybe racist

Chandi L

| map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

Bad customer service in certain food lion locations where only African American employees work

After checking out at self pay I wanted to redeem my rewards but it didnt scan so asked for help and the employee said food lion gives unredeemable rewards or coupons and further said I dont control rewards or coupons in a rude tone then asked me to go back and buy more groceries and come back to pay again to scan my rewards that couldnt be scanned in the first place. I had a similar situation happened at a different location and the manager was called and she checked my rewards and was able to redeem it instantly but at this food lion location the employee was rude and didnt bother to help me. I realized that this particular store employee were all African American and that they were being rude and racist towards all others except only their race I will not shop at this location at sugar creek, food lion need to hire a more diverse team and education racist employees because racism is basically ignorance but by them hiring just one race you will lose your business drastically.

Cons:
  • All food lions need to be equal in customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Be aware of certain food lion stores employees maybe Racist and ghetto.

Larry M Abj

| map-marker Leland, North Carolina

Was told to get out because I had service animal

Manager named Russ told me to get out. Reason was I had a dog that is legally registered service animal. Manager came at me being extremely rude and aggressive. If I have anything to do with it they will be shutting down and I will own the stores and I promise no employee will ever do this to anyone again.
Cons:
  • Ignorance

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Boycott food lion of your a veteran or have a disability food lion promotes discrimination

Legend Lyk

| map-marker Greenville, North Carolina

I called 800# for customer service regarding an extensive wait while nobody covered the service desk at my local Food Lion. The rep was rude. I never received a follow-up call as promised.

I spent $60.00 that day. Nobody was at the service desk the entire time I was there.

On the way out, I bought scratch tickets and won $100.00, requiring me to go to the service desk. Unmanned, still, I was told by an associate that they " had to fill a large TO GO order" and she didn't know when the service area will be staffed. I was told a new "shift" starts in 15 minutes and maybe that would help. I take busses.

That meant an extra hour. Instead, I called the 800#. A rude agent said she'd contact the manager and I'd get a return call within 48hrs. That didn't happen.

I don't like Walmart, but shopped there today. I'll shop "sales" at Food Lion, but not spend more than necessary there. I will never shop at the store on Easy St in Greenville NC again. Whether Food Lion doesn't allow coverage of employees, or the management does it wrong, means nothing to me.

There is a major service staffing at most Food Lion stores. All that money you spent meant nothing.

User's recommendation: Only buy items on sale at Lion. Walmart has a larger selection, although horrible customer service too.

Guest

All that money? $60??

You go with your bad self.

All that money, a scratch off lottery ticket and a bus ride. The image is complete.

Shannon L Urj

| map-marker Okatie, South Carolina

Store weekly flyer does not match online weekly flyer

Add 2/7-2/13 Food Lion Family pack boneless chicken breast under the Salmon Filet and next to the pork chop does not exist on the Okatie Village in-store flyer. The store had no boneless chicken breast advertised or available in the meat case either. We went to the Bluffton store and they did not have the chicken in their circular either. We ended up buying 4 packs at $2.69 per pound. Very disappointed in your store circular versus the online circular.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Good sales
Cons:
  • Never have sale items in stock

Preferred solution: Raincheck

User's recommendation: Be careful using the online advertisement

Fady Xom

Bad supervisor

The front end supervisor talks to her employees like they are *** its awful. I have seen this numerous times in the food lion on first st in Mebane.

Preferred solution: The front end employees to be treated and talked to correctly

Sandra A Hdc

| map-marker Kingstree, South Carolina

I would put a negative by each option but not given that opportunity. The store manager in Kingstree SC is a complete joke

She is continuously hiring ppl to stock/slash do what she has and she has more than enuf there to do this. My husband is the grocery manager and he had to be due to diabetes hes back and is being treated like hes a regular stocker.

He made the schedule for the grocery department prior to him being out and when he left I have pics to prove how clean/organized it was and I have pics of the bomb that appears to have blown up n there I guess the managers dont have to stock & maintain what is put on shelves or even block them. His hours are cut back to 32 and no1 can answer y that happened.

This store has gone to pure crap since the new mgt has come only worried abt saving hours and not the store or customers that shop there. Something needs to b done asap!

Pros:
  • Nonr
Cons:
  • R a joke

User's recommendation: Run as fast as u can nothing u need will b stocked it’s happened to me at least a handful of timed

Guest

I hope your husband still has his job after your post. Most companies get an alert and check any online posts people make. And you clearly identified the specific store, the employee, your husband and went on to disparage the store and how it was managed.

Tru t Tew

Verified Reviewer

This company literally gave me PTSD and made me want to die

Original review Jan 19, 2024
I was mentally and physically abused by this company. I watched unsanitary and unsafe handling of food for over 7 years. Deli, bakery, meat and produce department are trained to make the sale and screw the customers health. You will die if you shop here regularly due to this. Management gets better bonuses the worse they treat their employees. I have proof that they refused to act on. I will Do whatever it takes to out Food Lion, again. If you thought bleached meat was bad, you haven't seen nothing yet.

Preferred solution: This company exposed

User's recommendation: Don't support this company ever

Aidric Ynh

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Rome, Georgia

I cannot contact customer service. I tried calling a few times.

Food Lion - I cannot contact customer service. I tried calling a few times.
Food Lion - I cannot contact customer service. I tried calling a few times. - Image 2
Food Lion - I cannot contact customer service. I tried calling a few times. - Image 3
Food Lion - I cannot contact customer service. I tried calling a few times. - Image 4

Asking if I can return a food product. I tried to call customer care several times.

I bought it the night before but when I took it out of the fridge the very next day, it had mold on it. Additionally, I bought a bottle of lemonade, in August, three days ago. I was in a hurry, so I didnt look at the expiration date on the bottle. However, I wish I had because when I went to open the bottle today, I found that the lemonade is a month and half out of date.

Who sells lemonade beyond its expiration date?? I'm also disappointed with the customer service number they have on the pissed customer.

Its just a stupid telemarketer ad for an emergency aid button!

Most of the time worth it to go to Food Lion for the prices. However, the drink and food quality has had a little bit of an issue recently as I have three items I bought within the past several days that I need to return or get a refund for.

User's recommendation: In the past it’s been a really favorable store, however, with the recent issues, I’m not so sure.

Terry F Ltc

| map-marker Cedar Creek, North Carolina

Remodeling store, Store in total dissary for over 2 weeks,

Foodlion store remodeling requires more planning, Current planning SUCKS. Cannot get down isles for cart loaded with stock, no stock on shelves.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Location and been going there for years
Cons:
  • Remodeling plan very poorly planned

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Go to Publixs until Foodlion finishes remodeling, if that ever happens

map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Marked Price Not Honored

Tonight, 12-31-23 at 9:30pm, I went to the food lion in prince george to pick up a few items. I found 2 bottles of prosecco in the refrigerated section marked $9.99, and I put them in my cart.

I went to the shelf and took another bottle. I saw the label on the shelf marked $14.99. When I was finished shopping, I went to the self checkout register and immediately asked the white cashier for a manager. I told her why, and she pointed to a black woman saying she was the manager.

She told the black woman what I found, and the black woman made me take her to the wine section to explain and show her what I found. While we were walking away the white girl said "people put stuff in the wrong places." After I showed and explained to the black woman what I found, she parroted what the white girl said. I told her to honor the price that I found and the black woman refused. I took her name, shirley.

I called the store to ask for the white girls name, and the woman on the phone asked "why," and I told her "I'm going to complain about her." After a long pause, the woman on the phone said Claire. I hung up.

When I find items marked a certain price, that price needs to be honored and your workers failed. I expect you will remedy this issue.

User's recommendation: Stay away

map-marker Yadkinville, North Carolina

Did not have any banana at the yadkinville store out to buy on 1-15-24 at around 6:30 pm

No banana at the yadkinville store or no one to ask for them on 1-15-24 at around 6:30 was very mad and needed them
Kim M Buu

Upset wrong item

Bought cherry turnovers from bakery section. Sticker even said cherry but they were Apple. Tried calling and no response and no time to switch. It was only $4 but it is about getting things right and customer service. As customers we should get what we pay for.

Preferred solution: Full refund

Denise G Bso

| map-marker Berkeley Springs, West Virginia

Would not exchange store brand soft drinks

Approximately two-three weeks ago, I had purchased about 15 2-liter Diet colas for my husband. Not long after that - My husband passed suddenly.

Today, I finally had the chance to bring them back to see if they could be replaced with a different flavor - same brand. Tracey - the front end manager said that without a receipt - they would not replace them. I tried to explain that the sodas were for my husband - I do not drink the diet sodas - I drink Dr. Perky.

She would not listen or budge with the decision of exchanging them. I cannot remember where that receipt was. I didn't think it would have mattered if the seal had not been broken. Other stores have done it for me in the past.

I have been in mourning since the 2nd of this month.

I could not believe she would not let me change them. I have been a loyal shopper at the Berkeley Springs, WV store for 11 years, since I moved up here. Because of this - Food Lion has lost a loyal customer.

And as for those diet drinks I would not have consumed, I went behind the store - and as hard as I could - I did slam dunks into trash bins. That was the best release that I have had in three weeks!

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Make sure you don't have a death in the family that you might have to exchange something without a receipt.

I like your priorities. Your husband passed away and your main concern is that you are not getting a replacement on your drinks.

If you knew that he would not last long, why did you order so much soda that he likes. He is not going to be around to drink it. Maybe you buried the receipt along with your husband? Maybe you should have buried the soda with your husband since he likes it so much.

You claim to be a loyal customer, but you are NOT. If you were you would know their policy. You would also not let one bad incident THAT WAS YOUR FAULT stop you from going. Unlike, your husband, you won't be missed.

Your husband must be rolling over in his grave in shame. Also stop trying to make people feel sorry for you. This has NOTHING do do with your husband passing. So instead of putting make sure there is no death in your family, you should have posted make sure you know where your receipt is.

Because even if your husband were alive you would get the same outcome without a receipt.

Why he choose to marry you is beyond me. At least he does not have to put up with your immature attitude anymore.

James H Qxl

Highly pissed.

Food Lion - Highly pissed.
Food Lion - Highly pissed. - Image 2
Food Lion - Highly pissed. - Image 3

Personally , I think the man really didn't care about my concerns with all the bio-engineered foods that are being sold to the public in your Food Lion store here in Danville VA. I think there should be a large sticker on each door as you enter the store saying "many of our products contain bio-engineered engineered food ingredients".

It should also tell on the packages of any food that has bio-engineered food ingredient (s) contained in a certain item should state exactly what food ingredient(s) are bio-engineered.

*** I am having a hard time finding food items in Food Lion that do not contain lab created ingredients. The public has a right to know what is in our foods that we feed our kids.

Pros:
  • Convenience of location
Cons:
  • Sells bio-engineered food to the public and they have no knowledge of what they are eating

Preferred solution: I want corporate to either notify consumers of this label or refuse to sell the public this bio-engineered food.

User's recommendation: Watch your food purchases. If the package has "contains bio-engineered food ingredient (s) below the ingredients label , put it back on the shelf and move on. When we all refuse to buy items with unnatural ingredients, the companies will be forced to sell real natural food. Each of the photos show "Contains bio-Engineered Food Ingredient" right on the label. These products are only the beginning.

Your husband must be rolling over his grave in shame.

You must be six years old.

View more comments (1)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article